Thursday, May 3, 2012

Colton Gordon Elmer

4 in the morning!!!!  Did we get any sleep the night before?... NO!!!

 I can't figure out how to add text higher!  So here i'll start.  Brad and I arrived at the hospital at 4:00am for me to be induced.  This labor and delivery went way smoother than Evan. My nurse said that she wishes that all moms could have their second babies first... and i agree!!  I got my epidural early, which was wonderful.  It did make me sick for awhile and after throwing up a few times, they gave me meds to feel better.   I was so happy that i got my epidural early and i had an awesome anesthesiologist who checked on me several times.  
Grandma Lees
 This time when they broke my water, I had already had my epidural so it wasn't uncomfortable at all. Plus i didn't have to have an internal monitor either.   By noon i was at a 9, and then a 10 within the hour.  My doctor was there on his lunch break and after a few pushes (NOT like last time!), Colton was here!  I was so relieved I didn't have to push as long (since i'm still dealing with all kinds of issues from pushing with evan!). 
Grandma T and Colton
 Colton Gordon Elmer
7lbs 5 oz
20 inches long
Papa J meeting Coloton
Brad insisted on taking a picture of me and my ice chips... don't i look so thrilled?
Evan giving Colton kisses for the first time

 Evan has been great so far with Colton, and i hope it continues!
Are my boys handsome or what?
Diapers diapers diapers!
 My recovery has been much better than with Evan, and i'm so thankful.  My mom has been here helping and has been amazing! She left yesterday, and I only cried the whole way home =)

 I love my little family of boys!



Grandma and Evan writing with chalk





13 comments:

debra said...

Congrats, Ashley!! We are so happy for you and glad that everything went well. You have two very cute little boys. Enjoy them!!
Love, Aunt Debbie

Lindsay said...

I love all these pictures! Evan peeking out of a box is adorable, and i love your boys, they are so cute. I can't wait to meet colton and snuggle him.

Brittany said...

LOVED the pictures! Colton looks so tiny! I bet Van is a great big brother.

aprilaleman said...

Good job girl! He is a cutie. Congrats. I think I love him already!!! :) Hope all is well and recovery continues going good for ya!

Kara said...

Congrats, Ashley!! He's adorable. Glad everything went better for you the second time around.

Lisa and Suny said...

So cute. He looks just like Brad. Congratulations!

grandma irene said...

Darling, beautiful little brother, Colton, for darling, beautiful Evan to play with and care for. Brad & Ashley -- what lucky parents you are! And look at the pictures of the proud grandparents!! I wish we could be there to love those cute little ones. Good job, Ashley! You & Brad got another darling little boy! Love you all! Grandma Irene & Grandpa Mike

Kelly and Family said...

Congrats! He is precious!

KIC said...

I am so glad everything went so smoothly. Congrats! Colton is so cute! We are so happy for you!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I have been checking your blog often as I knew one of these days you would post that you had your baby. I am so glad things went well. He is so cute! A family of boys, I can't wait either. Hope all is going well! Congrats again!!!

Lauren Davison said...

He's so HANDSOME! Congratulations! :)

Annie said...

Ashley and Brad, Colton is so precious! So glad the delivery went well. Congratulations to your little family! Love you guys!

Ruth said...

I've been meaning to ask you how it went. So glad you had a good experience this time. Poor you!